When choosing a hydraulic press, we will inquire about all aspects of it. Generally, which aspects of it will we choose to inquire from? Let’s take a look.
The hydraulic press is an oil pump that delivers the hydraulic oil to the integrated cartridge valve block. It distributes the hydraulic oil to the upper or lower chamber of the cylinder through each one-way valve and relief valve. This makes the cylinder move under the effect of high-pressure oil. A hydraulic press is a device that uses a liquid to transmit pressure. Fume hood liquids obey Pascal’s law when transferring pressure in a closed container.
The hydraulic press consists of two parts: the main engine and the control device. The main engine of the hydraulic press includes hydraulic cylinders, beams, columns, and liquid filling equipment. The power arrangement consists of a fuel tank, a high-pressure pump, a control system, an electric motor, a pressure valve, and a directional valve.
Hydraulic presses are suitable for the restraint technology of plastic materials. Such as powder product molding, plastic product molding, cold (hot) kneading metal molding, sheet stretching and horizontal pressing, bending, turning through, proofreading, and other technologies. The hydraulic press has an independent power system and an electrical system. It can be controlled by buttons and can be adjusted, manual and semi-automatic.
Advantages of Hydraulic Presses
- Reduce weight and save materials. For typical parts such as car engine brackets and radiator brackets, hydroforming parts are 20%-40% lighter than stamping parts. For hollow stepped shaft parts, the weight can reduce by 40%-50%.
- Reduce the number of parts and molds and reduce mold costs. Hydroforming parts generally require only one set of molds, while most stamping parts require multiple sets of molds. The hydroformed engine bracket parts reduce from 6 to 1. The radiator bracket parts reduced from 17 to 10.
- The amount of welding for subsequent machining and assembly is lower. Taking the radiator bracket as an example, the heat dissipation area is increased by 43%. The number of solder joints reduces from 174 to 20. Also, the number of processes reduces from 13 to 6, and the productivity goes up by 66%.
- Travel strength and stiffness, especially fatigue strength, such as hydroformed radiator bracket, its stiffness can travel 39% in the vertical direction and 50% in the horizontal direction.
- Reduce production costs. According to the statistical analysis of the used hydroformed parts, the production cost is 15%~20% lower than that of stamping parts. In addition to that, the mold cost is also reduced by 20%~30%